Thursday, April 27, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 45:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 45:3
"Thou didst say, Woe is me now! for the LORD hath added grief to my sorrow; I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest."

Baruch is Jeremiah's scribe and he is hearing all the warnings the Lord has given and the condition of rebellion the people are in. He breaks down and says "Woe is me!" and can find no rest. I pondered on how when you focus on only the horrible things that are going on in the world there is no rest. When you are going against God's commandments there is also no rest. What I see in this chapter is the Lord speaking to Baruch, he acknowledges how he is feeling and tells him his life will be preserved. That would have to give comfort to know that God is aware of you and your needs.



Day 2949

No comments:

Post a Comment