Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 37:17,19

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 37:17,19
"Then Zedekiah the king sent, and took him out: and the king asked him secretly in his house, and said, Is there any word from the LORD? And Jeremiah said, There is: for, said he, thou shalt be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon.
Where are now your prophets which prophesied unto you, saying, The king of Babylon shall not come against you, nor against this land?"

I liked both of these verse. First for the way king Zedekiah secretly asked Jeremiah if there was any word from the Lord. It's that I want to know what the Lord says, but only if you tell me good things. They were not happy being told they would fall into Babylon's hands. Then I liked how Jeremiah asks them where are the "prophets" that told you opposite of what I said would happen. Yeah, false prophets just fade into the background when they are proven wrong.



Day 2941

No comments:

Post a Comment