Thursday, April 13, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 31:33-34

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 31:33-34
"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

I loved this chapter, I loved these verses especially. This encompasses where we need to be, where we are going, and where we are at. I pondered on how we need to know the Lord, before the Lord reveals himself to us.

The past Sunday as I celebrated Resurrection Morning I pondered on the testimony of Thomas. The one that was not there when the resurrected Christ first appeared to his disciples while the doors were shut. When Thomas was told of the Lord's appearance to them he doubted. For he wanted to see and feel him to know that was true. Then eight days later as the doors were again shut the Lord appeared while Thomas was with them. Then Thomas could see, feel and know Jesus Christ lived.

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
(John 20:28-29)

I pondered on how much faith is gained coming to know the Lord, without seeing Him. It made me wonder if those that so badly want to see Him, do so because deep down inside they doubt and want to see to believe? Isn't the greater testimony given when you are at peace with faith alone?



Day 2935

No comments:

Post a Comment