Thursday, January 11, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 2:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 2:7
"To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:"

Patience = the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

I pondered on patience. I know that it is a divine Christlike attribute, and very desirable. I know I have made progress in this area, where once the lack of it was my agony and made me suffer. What has made the difference I wondered? I don't think age has anything to do with it. Then I remembered what President Nelson said to "Think Celestial!" It is looking at things through an eternal perspective. It changes your perspective on everything. How you value things. How you look at trials you face. How you put faith in the Lord to get you through what needs to be endured. How you can appreciate the agency of others, and accept their choice. In the eternities things will be made right.

"Consider the Lord’s response to Joseph Smith when he pleaded for relief in Liberty Jail. The Lord taught the Prophet that his inhumane treatment would give him experience and be for his good. “If thou endure it well,” the Lord promised, “God shall exalt thee on high.” The Lord was teaching Joseph to think celestial and to envision an eternal reward rather than focus on the excruciating difficulties of the day."
"As you think celestial, you will view trials and opposition in a new light."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Think Celestial!", Oct 2023 General Conference)




Day 3207

No comments:

Post a Comment