Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 14:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 14:1
"Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations."

All I can think of when I read this is "keep your mouth shut". If what you want to contribute is not edifying, helpful, or matters in the scheme of the eternities, then keep your mouth shut. If someone is trying to live the gospel but doing somethings wrong, does it really need to be you to correct them? If what you are doing causes another to contend or take offense, then leave it alone. Instead of picking your battles is it better to simply lay down your weapons of war? As President Nelson has said "be a peacemaker".

Several years ago I had to temper myself on Facebook and other social media channels. Inspired by the thirteenth Article of Faith, I took this as my mission statement.

"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, I seek after these things."




Day 3219

No comments:

Post a Comment