Thursday, October 19, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 7:15, 21-23

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 7:15, 21-23
"There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."

This reminds me of some discussions I have had with others on boycotting things. I don't believe because some company does X that it means it will poison me, if I go to that store or use that service. I'm pretty sure if boycotters looked at everything with such a fine tooth comb, they would soon find there was no place to shop.

Now granted there are places I don't go to, like bars for example, because they are selling what I don't want. Yet, there are times I have gone. My car once broken down when it was freezing cold outside. This was long before there were cell phones. The only place around was a bar. Going in to use the phone and sit and wait for my father didn't pollute me. If fact it probably saved my life. The difference is what I internalize and embrace and that temptation and danger can be anywhere. I recently had to separate myself from a family chat, because their discussions affected my thoughts and my heart. I had to ask myself "Will if affect my eternal exaltation if I no longer participate in a family chat?" The answer was no, but it probably would if I stayed around any longer, so I left. My heart has been all the better for it. Evil comes from within, and that is why by their fruits ye shall know them.



Day 3123

No comments:

Post a Comment