Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 12:24

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 12:24
"And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?"

This made me ponder on the time I erred because I wasn't reading the scriptures. I am horrified by the false doctrine I accepted on the words of a couple members. I thought what they spoke of was a law in the Old Testament because I had never heard of it. I was wrong, so very wrong. When my missionary son counseled me to search for it, I could not find it. I then searched for it online and to my horror discovered it was an occult practice. From that experience I vowed to never be so deceived again. That is when I promised to read the scriptures every day. I have felt such an urgency to learn that I am currently reading from the New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants each day. I want to find time to add the Old Testament somehow too. That one takes so long to read all the way through, but its so important.

Someone asked today "Who is your favorite Isaiah scholar". They were trying to sell me on the idea this one man should be it. My reply "My favorite Isaiah scholar is the Holy Ghost. I prayerfully read the scriptures not books about the scriptures. Stick with the scriptures and words of the prophets and you won't go wrong. You will know what you need to know." When I look at this verse I can see more clearly that the scribes knew their scriptures but didn't understand them. That understanding comes through the Holy Ghost. That is the power of God. That is greater than any book about the scriptures.



Day 3128

No comments:

Post a Comment