Saturday, October 14, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 2:27

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 2:27
"And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:"

The prophet explains this verse best.

"What did the Savior mean when He said that “the sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath”? I believe He wanted us to understand that the Sabbath was His gift to us, granting real respite from the rigors of daily life and an opportunity for spiritual and physical renewal. God gave us this special day, not for amusement or daily labor but for a rest from duty, with physical and spiritual relief.
In Hebrew, the word Sabbath means “rest........I learned from the scriptures that my conduct and my attitude on the Sabbath constituted a sign between me and my Heavenly Father...... “What sign do I want to give to God?” 
(Russell M. Nelson, "The Sabbath Is a Delight", Apr 2015 General Conference)



Day 3118

No comments:

Post a Comment