Sunday, February 25, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 2:12, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 2:12, 16
"But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Paul is speaking to the Church members who are straying because they are listening to false teachers. One issue was those that were Jews telling the Gentile converts they needed to practice the dead law of Moses, and the ritual of circumcision. I noticed that whenever I hear that discussion I remove myself from it. I feel it's a dead law and concern, and can just move on. This time I stopped. The thought I had is that today we may not have these discussions between church members, but it's very possible this discussion may return. What about the Jews of today that convert to the gospel of Jesus Christ? The situation then will be in reverse. Also the restoration of the gospel is on-going. What may change in the future that will cause us to pause like the early church members? The lesson is so important, we live by faith in Jesus Christ, and not by outward signs and rituals in what was once dead laws. Policies, procedures, traditions and culture may vary or change but not the requirement for faith in Jesus Christ universal to us all.





Day 3252

No comments:

Post a Comment