Monday, February 12, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 2:7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 2:7-8
"So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him."

This made me reflect on the beauty of forgiveness. I had a bad situation where I was abused, lied to, and stolen from. Each of these individuals I forgave in my heart and turned the situation over to the Lord as he saw fit. I stayed away and did not cause grief or contention. Three of these individuals within the year have asked my forgiveness. It was truly such a wonderful thing, because I had already forgiven them. It was a matter so quick to put to rest, to embrace them and tell them that I forgave and loved them. One having fallen on hard times is now living in the tiny cottage behind my house. Another stops in from time to time. The last I went out to lunch with today because I could tell they were feeling overwhelmed and needed comfort. We had a lovely time chatting with each other. Friends once lost are now found.

“When we take the position of withholding forgiveness from our fellow men, we are attempting to block his progress towards salvation. This position is … not Christlike. We are endeavoring to impede the progress of a living soul and deny him the forgiving blessings of the atonement. This philosophy is saturated with impure motives that are designed to destroy the soul” (Sacred Truths of the Doctrine and Covenants, 2 vols. [1993], 1:314; see also D&C 64:9–11)



Day 3239

No comments:

Post a Comment