Thursday, February 8, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:33

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:33
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

Paul speaks of the gifts of prophesy and tongues. There is an order to such things. How one would not speak in tongues if there was no one to interpret. Otherwise, no one would profit from it.

"But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." (1 Corinthians 14:28)

When prophets speak, there is a time and place we also hold our peace.

"Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace."
(1 Corinthians 14:29-30)

It reminds me of how there is order is who received revelation and for whom. My stewardship is to my family and not receiving revelation for the church. There is order and I am grateful for these guidelines. It does bring peace in my life to know what voices I will listen to and when.



Day 3235

No comments:

Post a Comment