Thursday, February 15, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:7

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:7
"(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)"

Sometimes I think about faith as a mustard seed, and if I had that much faith I could move a mountain.

"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."
(Matthew 17:20)

My brain will go in circles. I do not think my faith very small, but I do not think I could move a mountain either. Then I reason, how could I really know? There is no need to move a mountain. To try and do so would be for vanity and not according to God's will. Such an attempt would be for sight and not by faith. Faith requires you to be in harmony with God's will in the matter. I think then that we underestimate how much faith we may have, that we are somehow lacking because we cannot move a mountain. The question really is, do you believe that God can move the mountains in your life, when obstacles are in your path? That I know is true and have witnessed such miracles in my life. I have seen a tiny bit of exercised faith grow into a mighty thing.



Day 3242

No comments:

Post a Comment