Friday, November 3, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 6:37, 43

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 6:37, 43
"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

I have been reflecting on judgment lately. I do ask myself "Am I understanding and seeing this situation right?" For I know how important it is to judge wisely. I do not want to call evil good or good evil, it is so clear that sides are being driven now, and I must make some judgments. I do not want to pick wrongly.

"But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."
(President Russell M. Nelson, "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives", April 2018)

What brings me comfort is being able to tell them by their fruits. Fruits do not lie, at least for long. You can fake being good and kind, and doing good works, but if you watch and observe their true colors will come out. There are some things good fruit simply won't do.

"Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.
For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.
And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged."
(Moroni 7:14-15, 18)



Day 3138

No comments:

Post a Comment