Thursday, November 2, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 5:39

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 5:39
"No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better."

Not trying to be irreverent but this verse made me chuckle. It's because of what I have been dealing with at work the last few days. It has to do with change, and how much people fight it. Old is always better to them. Seriously, if it was up to some we would still be running D O S. I am so grateful that I have a heart that loves change. I love figuring out the change and adapting to it. I think it is a blessing and a gift to love change. Things are always changing and if you let it, it's often for the better.

I would much rather record my genealogy in a computer program than on paper. Run Windows 11 programs instead of D O S. Search the internet for documents, instead of cranking the microfilm wheel until I'm nauseous, or taking an expensive research trip to only find the records aren't there. I would also much rather stay at home and watch general conference online, instead of the little black and white TV of my childhood. The TV station also only played one session. How exciting it was when we could gather at the chapel to listen to general conference over a phone line plugged into the PA system. No picture, just sound and I was thrilled to sit and listen. What wonders when the church installed satellites and we had both picture and sound.

I've seen many changes and I have loved and embraced them all. I think the most exciting for me was moving from paper scriptures to a digital copy on my phone. I could now write all the notes that I wanted and cross reference to my heart's content. I especially love being able to search by every word found in the scriptures and finding things I would have never recalled on my own. I often think of the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon, and how one day we will receive it. I can't even imagine having to carry all the scriptures then in print. I was made for this day. I love change.

Out of all the changes the greatest one is ourself. It's that mighty change of heart. God made us to change.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
(2 Corinthians 5:17)

Can you imagine being alive for the millennium and all the changes that it will bring? If you cannot embrace change, do you think you will just magically do so later? Would you then say, "Oh, no, old was better."



Day 3137

No comments:

Post a Comment