Sunday, January 24, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 124:46, 87

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 124:46, 87

"But if they will not hearken to my voice, nor unto the voice of these men whom I have appointed, they shall not be blest, because they pollute mine holy grounds, and mine holy ordinances, and charters, and my holy words which I give unto them.
Therefore, let my servant William put his trust in me, and cease to fear concerning his family, because of the sickness of the land. If ye love me, keep my commandments; and the sickness of the land shall redound to your glory."

This is a wonderful chapter with so many verses I would love to quote. But these two are the ones I decided to ponder on, because I could apply them to what is going on around me.

There is sickness in the land, and because of that sickness our temples are closed. But, I also thought of the purpose of that sickness. It can be used to strengthen us, or we can miss the opportunity and have it become a greater condemnation. Sometimes I feel the temples being close is a blessing because they may have been abused by those that would not follow the counsel of the Lord's servants. Yet, with it those that wait and are faithful will be blessed. There are purposes in all things, yet I would not want to be on the wrong side of this, and have my actions be a cause of keeping the temples closed.



Day 2127

No comments:

Post a Comment