Friday, January 22, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 122:5, 9

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 122:5, 9
"If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;
Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

The part of passing through tribulation stood out to me tonight because of a quote by Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf today.

"In the coming days, weeks and months - as stretching and hard as they may become - I invite you to trust God's love and the Spirit. They will enable you to be an angel of light to those around your."

Which also reminded me of President Russell M. Nelson's August Facebook post which said “the road ahead may be bumpy, but our destination is serene and secure. So, fasten your seatbelt, hang on through the bumps, and do what’s right.”

We discussed these during family scripture study tonight and I am of the mind I do not know what is coming. I cannot guess because I have found I am never right. It is always something I never expected. Yet, when I am listening to the counsel of the Lord through his prophet I am protected and can weather what comes. I know what comes only makes me stronger. This quote from verse 7 of this chapter is fitting to leave with.

"...know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."



Day 2125

No comments:

Post a Comment