Sunday, March 10, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 4:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

This reminds me of the 13th Article of Faith.

"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
(Articles of Faith 1:13)

It was also my inspiration for a mission statement on Facebook.
"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, I seek after these things"

I wrote it because I wanted to remind myself of who I am, and be a better person. I didn't want to add to the contention and strife in the world and feed on it. Working really hard at it, it is now part of me. It has greatly added to my peace. Seek the good, and pass on the bad. The unvirtuous can have its own day and own way somewhere else, but not in me.



Day 3266

No comments:

Post a Comment