Friday, March 29, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 1:9

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 1:9
"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"

This made me think of how this applies to all callings in the church. The Lord doesn't always call the brightest and most capable. He has his own purposes, which includes for our personal growth. I remember once a stake president telling me that the Lord will call a bishop because he is either a great spiritual leader or he has a lot to learn. Sometimes we are there to help others learn. Understanding that has helped me be more patient when I see people faultier. God's grace will be upon us as we truly strive to serve him.



Day 3285 (9th anniversary)



No comments:

Post a Comment