Friday, March 8, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 2:14-15

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 2:14-15
"Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"

I pondered on how you cannot be a light to anyone when you murmur or argue over points of doctrine or just things in general. Individual like this are not that nice to be around. I know when I get that way I don't even like being around me! I've been working on keeping my mouth shut, that seems to be getting easier. Now, I just have to control the thought in the first place.

It made me think of this talk by Elder Boyd K. Packer about "Worthy Thoughts" and how the "mind was like a stage". It was made into a film strip which has stayed with me all these years. I often tell myself to kick that thought off the stage. I wondered if I could find it online, and I did.



Day 3264

No comments:

Post a Comment