Saturday, March 2, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 2:19-22

Today's Favorite Verse: Ephesians 2:19-22
"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

I just finished 3 days of RootsTech and these verses made me think of what amazing growth I have seen in thirteen years. How people all over the world are united in their love of family and telling their stories. This year RootsTech was broadcasted in 240 countries and territories, in 20 languages. No commercial company could have created such a united worldwide effort. It could only be possible through the efforts of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, under the direction of apostles and prophets.

I reflected much over the past three days on the words of Malachi that Moroni quoted to Joseph Smith.

"He also quoted the next verse differently: And he shall plant in the hearts of the children the promises made to the fathers, and the hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers. If it were not so, the whole earth would be utterly wasted at his coming."
(Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith-History 1:39)

I thought about how it was only through the world-wide effort to gather family on both sides of the veil that peace will come to this earth. I heard no politics, I heard no racism, or conspiracy theories for these 3 glorious days. All I knew was that I was learning to love my brothers and sisters and value each and every one of them as they are. My heart has been touched, and I hope those not of my faith will carry the light they received within them. These are millennial people. This is a millennial work.


Day 3258

No comments:

Post a Comment