Saturday, April 13, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 8:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 8:10
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:"

I read this in the New Testament Student Manual.

"The Prophet Joseph Smith (1805–44) noted that although Jews in New Testament times generally rejected this new covenant, it would again be offered to them at a later time: “Christ, in the days of His flesh, proposed to make a covenant with them, but they rejected Him and His proposals, and in consequence thereof, they were broken off, and no covenant was made with them at that time. But their unbelief has not rendered the promise of God of none effect: no, for there was another day limited in David, which was the day of His power; and then His people, Israel, should be a willing people;—and He would write His law in their hearts, and print it in their thoughts; their sins and their iniquities He would remember no more” (in History of the Church, 1:313)."

The early saint went into apostasy because they rejected the new covenant. It made me stop and ponder on how much emphasis we had in the past general conference on keeping our covenants. Now I understand those words, and the urgency in it. We must be a people that have written His laws on our hearts and minds, our thoughts and actions.


Day 3300

No comments:

Post a Comment