Friday, April 26, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Peter 3:15

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Peter 3:15
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

This reminds me of the other day while I was sitting in the Emergency Room with someone in a lot of pain. They were bemoaning all the terrible things that had happened to them lately, and said they just wanted it to stop. Couldn't they just get a break. I told them, "No you can't, and it won't stop, because this is what life is all about." Each trial makes you stronger and you learn from them. You develop a resilience you would never have otherwise. Then I pointed out some of the blessings I had seen happening to them lately as they went through these trials. How they were a stronger person and in a better place because of them. It turned the conversation around and we counted blessings and reasons for hope and good things out of the bad. As they were preparing to leave the hospital they were grateful for the nice crutches I had brought with me, because I knew from experience they would need them. As I helped them settle into bed at their home they were grateful for the large ice packs with the nice wrapper I had also brought along. They knew I had been on their journey before and because of that I could in turn help them. One day when they are strong they will help others with what they have learned. For now, they knew they were a strong person that can do hard things.

Though they have turned their back on God and I could not share all that I would have wished. Helping them see and recognize blessings in their life helps to open the door to who put them there.




Day 3313

No comments:

Post a Comment