Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 12:22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 12:22-23
" And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me."

The child of David and Bathsheba born in adultery, is sick and dies. While the child lay dying David fasted, wept and laid upon the earth. Once he learns the child has died he arose from the earth, washed, changed clothes and ate. What I see here is David's grief, not only for the child, but for his own sins that brought this upon him. Once he learns God's will in the matter, to take his son, he accepts it. This verse also shows an understanding that one day he will go where his son now is. I pondered on how healing it is to reflect upon the plan of salvation, and life after death, when we are dealing with grief.



Day 2438

No comments:

Post a Comment