Monday, November 22, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 3:13-16

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 3:13-16
"And he said, Well; I will make a league with thee: but one thing I require of thee, that is, Thou shalt not see my face, except thou first bring Michal Saul’s daughter, when thou comest to see my face.
And David sent messengers to Ish-bosheth Saul’s son, saying, Deliver me my wife Michal, which I espoused to me for an hundred foreskins of the Philistines.
And Ish-bosheth sent, and took her from her husband, even from Phaltiel the son of Laish.
And her husband went with her along weeping behind her to Bahurim. Then said Abner unto him, Go, return. And he returned."

David's first wife was Saul's daughter Michal. When Saul was out to destroy David he gave Michal to other man. David now calls for her return. When I read about Michal's husband Phaltiel following behind her weeping I thought it cruel to separate them. Then I remembered the scriptures mentioned that Michal loved David. David more than likely still loved Michal and that is why he wanted her back. There could be more reasons, like strengthening his claim over Saul's kingdom with him being his son-in-law. If he treated her well it would also show he wanted to bring these kingdoms together and held no bitterness against Saul's family. There may also be some questions here on committing adultery, since Michal was still married to David and the matter didn't seem to be resolved with a divorcement. This matter did need to be resolved.



Day 2429

No comments:

Post a Comment