Thursday, April 9, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 8:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 8:13
"Ammon said unto him: I can assuredly tell thee, O king, of a man that can translate the records; for he has wherewith that he can look, and translate all records that are of ancient date; and it is a gift from God. And the things are called interpreters, and no man can look in them except he be commanded, lest he should look for that he ought not and he should perish. And whosoever is commanded to look in them, the same is called seer."

As I was reading this I thought once again how I wished we could have the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon. I wondered if President Russell M. Nelson could be such a prophet and seer? Then the Spirit said "He is."

Then I realized the only difference is if he's the prophet when the Lord says it's time for us to have them. That last part makes all the difference.

 Limhi and his people had the Jaredite plates, but no seer to translate them. The seer didn't come until the people had repented and were ready for the message. The Lord will put in place the records, and seer when the people are ready.


Day 1837

No comments:

Post a Comment