Thursday, March 23, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 34:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 34:2
"Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land of Canaan; (this is the land that shall fall unto you for an inheritance, even the land of Canaan with the coasts thereof:)"

While I was reading this the thought came to me why is God taking away some other people's land? There are people already living in Canaan. As I pondered this I thought of the fact that the earth is God's own. He can put his people wherever he sees fit. But, I thought there had to be more to this land. Then I read how God promised this land originally to Abraham. This was not a new thought that the children of Israel would come to posses it. It was actually their land before they left for Egypt during the famine in the time of Joseph. Now they were going back to the land God had given them. I had forgotten all about that.

Canaan gets its name from a son of Ham. I got very sidetracked following this lead and pondering a lot on Genesis 9 and Noah and Ham. Gaining many thoughts and knowledge for another day.


Day 726

No comments:

Post a Comment