Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 9:11-13, 16-17

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 9:11-13, 16-17
"And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
And God said, This is a token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a token of a covenants between me and the earth.
And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth."

Today is my temple day so the use of signs, tokens and covenants really stood out to me.  As I sat in the celestial room reading this I paused and thought "I really want to see a rainbow now." As I left the temple and looked towards the sky I remember saying to myself "I wish it would rain today." Then I drove home and forgot my wish. It even rained this afternoon and I forgot all about my wish to see a rainbow, or even saying I wanted it to rain. I'm not even sure how things were left. Did the rain stop before it got dark? Did a rainbow appear?  What I do know is I forgot, but I know God doesn't. Even if no one ever made a covenant with Him, he honors the one he made with everyone one of us. He made this covenant with people that never give him a thought and even despise him. He made this with not only every person that lived since the flood, and will live even after me, but with all the animals upon this earth. This everlasting covenant is for the generations. God's covenants are eternal. It made me think how my covenants are only with Him, yet so easily forgotten. How much better I just need to be.   


Day 584


No comments:

Post a Comment