Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - John 17:21

Today's favorite verse: John 17:21
"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."
This is the great Intercessory Prayer, where the Savior knows he has finished his work. He prays for strength for those final acts. He prays for his disciplines and all of us that will come to believe in him. These words make me cry.

In my quoted verse it struck me that we are now included in this oneness. Yet I know I am a separate being from the Father and the Son. I felt a confirmation on my LDS belief that the Father and Son are two separate beings as they appeared to Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove. I know all of us are individual beings. The Father and Son are one in purpose, so should we be one in them if we have the same purpose. To do the will of the Father. You can be separate beings but called one.

No comments:

Post a Comment