Monday, March 30, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - John 16:33

Today's favorite verse: John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
The Savior spoke these words to his disciples before his atonement. He spoke of things to come. After He would leave them He would send the Comforter, the Holy Ghost. It is the Comforter that brings me peace through believing on the Savior's atonement. He has overcome the world. I have peace in my life even through problems, concerns and stresses of life are all around me. The atonement was not just to redeem me from my sins but to take away my pains. I can rest my troubles on his shoulders and He will carry them. He makes my burdens light. I am so grateful for the peace I have in my soul and that this gift if available to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment